Did You Know? Fishers Edition
Coast to Coast Auto Sales is happy to call Fishers, Indiana, its home. Located just 20 miles outside of downtown Indianapolis, this location provides access to all the fun of downtime life but at the slower, less-busy pace of the suburbs. Here are a few things you might not have realized about Fishers…
• Did you know it’s got a growing population? The official 2010 census puts the city of Fishers at nearly 77,000 residents, but in 2017, we estimated nearly 92,000 people. That growth is tremendous. Back in 1963, Fishers had just 350 people in the community, which grew to 2,000 by 1980 and just 7,500 in 1990.
• Did you know it’s been around for a while? Though the population in Fishers only recently started to boom, the city has been inhabited for quite some time. William Corner first settled the area back in 1802.
• Did you know it’s the number one place to live? Money Magazine named the City of Fishers the No. 1 Place to Live in the US in 2017 thanks to its growth, employment opportunities, 24 parks and 104 miles of trails, and the upcoming Yard project, a $40 million development that will add 18 restaurants and several entertainment venues to Fishers.
• Did you know the weather’s great here? Fishers gets an average 187 clear days a year. The average high in the summer is just 85 degrees Fahrenheit with moderate springs and falls. Winter highs are above freezing at 33 degrees Fahrenheit with low levels of precipitation.
• Did you know it’s a place full of successful people? Fishers boasts a high school graduate rate of 95 percent and a median household income of $87,043 — which goes a long way in the Midwest. And jobs are projected to grow by 11.6 percent in the city with an average commute time of just 24 minutes.
Coast to Coast Auto Sales is proud to service vehicles in the Fishers area. Contact us today to schedule a maintenance appointment for your ride.